Monday 14 November 2011

Tiramisu

'Bella Bella, Mangila' - I have yet to find anyone who doesn't like Tiramisu. Most of us avoid it of course, due to the calorific content, but as a treat now and again, bring it on I say. I remember the first time that we tried it many years ago. We were on holiday in Austria walking up hill and down dale (or should I say mountain and alp) and could afford to eat well given that we would be sure to burn it off the following day. So we ate whatever we had a yearning for and didn't worry one jot about calories, sugar and fat. Cue Tiramisu which has the lot in abundance. They say you always remember your first one. The time, the place and the company. Well actually, I've made that bit up for dramatic effect but I do honestly remember my first one. We were out for an evening stroll in Kitzbuhel. It was about 9 o'clock, a balmy June night and there were happy people all around. We heard voices calling out from a pavement cafe and we realised we were being beckoned over by some of the Reps that we knew. 'Join us join us' they cried. 'We're having Tiramisu'. And that was the start of a memorable night during a lovely holiday in Austria. Oh, almost forgot to say - Tiramisu translates to 'pick me up' and this one is for my colleagues at the office tomorrow.

1 comment: