Saturday 5 November 2011

Saturday Lunch

I have been to one of our favourite eateries today and it's called The Ranch, in East Yorkshire. I tied my horse up outside and swaggered in, you know, John Wayne style. Only kidding. I met my mum and one of our oldest friends. She's 103. Kidding again - it's a habit I get from my dad. We had us a real good time and before we knew it, 2 whole hours had passed. I have to mention two of the staff that we are very fond of - Jane the manageress, and her right hand man, Alex. They always make everyone feel welcome and they are very kind, warm hearted folk.  Frances and I had the lasagne which may sound oh so predictable and boring, but I have to say it's one of the best lasagnes I have ever tasted. Mum had a boiled egg. There I go again.  She actually had risotto which I tried and it was scrumptious. We ended with coffee served in their signature cups and left feeling happy and satiated.

No comments:

Post a Comment