Saturday 5 November 2011

Like Time Stood Still

Last year I took my parents to Matlock. I was going to abandon them there but they were so well behaved that I decided to bring them back again. We were surprised at how much we enjoyed our week in this beautiful area. Matlock was a delight. It just seemed to have everything we hoped for and a little more. One of the highlights was the lovely park in the middle of the town. It was as if we'd stepped back in time. It reminded me of my childhood. There was a boating lake, tennis courts, bowling green, large areas of grass, a pretty rose garden and more. One day I climbed a hill behind our cottage and was pretty stunned when I turned around to take in the view. It was so exceptional I exclaimed out loud to myself - wow, that is so beautiful. I am including a photo of it but it doesn't capture the reality 

No comments:

Post a Comment