Tuesday 22 November 2011

Pushing the Boundaries

Hmmm, the title of this post may be over egging my point somewhat but occasionally, a little exaggeration doesn't go amiss. I will explain. I think most of us are guilty of sinking into the comfort zone otherwise known as 'routine'. You know - you get up, you do the work thing, you go to the same cafe, you take the familiar route home, you eat the same things month in month out, you read the same magazines and wear a small section of your wardrobe to the extent that you don't even notice what else is in there. 
So occasionally I try to make an attempt to step outside the circle of predictability and do something different.  With this in mind, I enrolled on a short night class at Bishop Burton college and have spent the last five weeks under the tutorage of a lovely lady called Claire who guided us through the basics of web design. It has been very enjoyable and along the way I have managed to launch my first Blog. That's right, you're reading it at this very moment ;-)
So if we STOP the merry go round of mundanity and take stock now and again, perhaps we can make a conscious effort to consider what else we can do to enrich our lives. It doesn't have to be complicated. 

Hmmm, let me think now.... what next? Rock climbing, poetry, bowls, a walk over the moors? Go on, do something different. You know you want to. 
p.s. thank you to my family and a couple of close friends for reading my blog and Jeremy, classmate, for taking the time to study the contents.  Much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment