Monday 28 November 2011

A little piece of heaven, here on earth

When I look at this photo I feel all funny inside. We were in France and on about day 6 we arrived here for three nights. It turned out to be a welcome respite after a personal trauma.
When we first touched down at Nimes airport a week earlier we headed up to a glorious little town called Uzes and often talk of returning there, such was it charm and allure. It was a 10 day walking holiday that we had booked through Inn Travel and we have been through them since as they are a very good firm to deal with. Unfortunately, 3 days into the holiday I suffered a fall down a full flight of concrete stairs and there was no more walking from that point on. I must point out to anyone interested in the detail that it was a particularly spectacular fall which my poor husband witnessed as I tumbled head over heels three times, according to him. There were two things going on in my head as I descended - first I was concerned that my spine/neck may not be in tact when I came to rest and secondly, I worried that my knickers may be on show. Praise be the Lord as I believe he must have been watching over me that day as I suffered no breaks or fractures, just torn ligaments and multiple bruising which lasted for several weeks. But hey! I was a-l-i-v-e - yippee ! 
So a few days later, battered and bruised, we arrived at Domaine du Moulin to a warm welcome and we were led out to the terrace for freshly made lemon juice and tea in fine china. There were 2 dogs snuffling around keen to make friends with us - one a fat sausage type model and the other a Jack Russell with that particular suspicious regard that this breed seem to excel at. Personally we love to see dogs wherever we go and this was no exception. So there I was with that 'good to be alive' feeling, sniffing the air and enjoying the care and hospitality that the kind lady who we'd never met before offered us. Like I say - a little piece of heaven on earth....

1 comment:

  1. Never been the same since,I say!!
    Have decided to try and hire this little place
    for a christmas break,looks so tranquil.

    ReplyDelete