Saturday 25 February 2012

Request Granted

I know what you're thinking. "wow, she's been to Buck Palace and had the Corgis away'. But actually, if you look really closely you will see that these aren't real dogs at all. They are knitted using wool! Honestly, I am not kidding. My little joke ;-)
A few months ago I read an article in The Guardian which included instructions to knit your own Corgi. They looked so cute that I pondered upon how I might obtain one. There was absolutely no way on this God given earth that I would knit one myself on account of my not being able to sit still for long enough.  As a youngster, under guidance of the family matriarchy I did once manage to knit one glove and that was enough for me. I was outta there looking for more excitement than a pair of needles and a ball of wool could provide for me. Sagittarians are soon bored by routine and repetition. 
So I emailed several friends and family and appealed that someone might take the trouble to knit one of the critters for me. I expected to hear no more on the subject and tucked the idea away in the back of my mind. Well, within about 5 weeks I had 3 of the little beauties presented to me. To say I was touched is an understatement. The big lad at the back was from my mum and the pair of pups in the foreground, from one of my oldest friends, Sue. The red ribbon with the jingle bell is from a Lindt chocolate bunny that fell into my mouth one day as I walked past the kitchen cupboard. It just happened.
So there lies the story of 3 Corgis which I treasure very much. Oh and if you want to know the relevance of the yellow mustard pot then leave a comment with your email address and I'll tell you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment