Monday 27 February 2012

Musings of a Transient Tweeter

Well, before too long I will be celebrating the anniversary of my first tentative tweet. You fellow tweeters will recall it's the one where you don't fully understand what the hell you are doing and you are darn sure no-one will read it on account of you having no followers. Zilch, zero, zip, naught, knack-all. But you gotta start somewhere - right? 
The early days were unusual, but encouraging. My first follower was a local talented chef who had served up many a tasty treat for us and before long I had purloined some of his tweeting group from our neighbourhood. I was particularly delighted to find that my ex piano tutor was one of them. Since I had given up the ivorys, I had missed sharing the time with John as we often had a giggle - usually at my expense as I amused both of us with my alternative style of play. Think Miss Marple meets Marty Feldman.
Then there was a lovely lady from an art gallery close to my parents roots in West Yorkshire whose website inspired me to order from them. There was the 'mad busy florist' and the local beef producers who I noticed have now been following this blog - high five and thanks to you both, I am touched. Along came an Irish guy whose claim to fame was making the worlds best Shepherd pie and I have to take his word for this. Oh and A & A bringing up the rear from their gorgeous 'little shop around the corner' - gee welcome back from the windy city folks.
I take a great deal of interest in Sue and Alison - the former a talented and eloquent award winning gardener and the latter a very amusing, energetic epic smiler who is determined to keep going despite many set backs and disappointments. And as for Sparklie, what can I say. Such a way with words that often has me chuckling out loud, and oh how I miss her contributions if she is laid low for a day. But I understand.
There was a memorable moment last month when I mentioned having an ear worm that involved a very complex rapper's hit going around in my head. Within a couple of minutes, Phiona, talented artist who was exhibiting not long ago in Paris (for real, mais oui) reported back that she once memorised all of the words to 'Rapper's Delight'. Whoa respect to that woman! Then on a dull day in Britain I only have to dwell on the tweets from our friends in Tuscany to conjure up a little virtual sunshine and warmth. Or to inspire myself, I head down to the wildlife artist's site for inspiration and gaze in wonderment at his beautiful pictures which are painted just a few miles from where I live. 
Another of my favoured tweeters is V who lives in one of the most beautiful parts of the North East where we have often stayed. The walking is just out of this world and V and her family run a lovely cafe, serving great coffee and the freshest sandwiches we have ever tasted on this planet! Not that I have yet sampled moon sandwiches as a comparison but It's on my retirement list for 2030. Earth to Tuss00 ....
Susie baked a cake, posted a picture and invited me over to share it; Mrs S, just down the road, boy when she gets angry she makes me smile - language Timothy! Finally, a mention to the one that I miss who isn't around at the moment .... come back soon, please. It's not the same without you

No comments:

Post a Comment