Sunday 29 January 2012

Exquisite!

 

Here's something worth sharing with you all. You may not appreciate when first glancing at the above picture that the whole thing is carved out of wood. Yes, honestly, it really is. The close up below goes part way to demonstrating this. When I first came across this clever man and his amazing skill at a local country fayre I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. I stood and stared in awe as did many other people as they wandered by. The detail is just exquisite. 

The final picture shows further proof of his art. All I could think was that his family would have some wonderful heirlooms to pass on to future generations. Enjoy ...







 The clever man is on the right

1 comment:

  1. I've spent almost all my lunch hour staring at this amazing photo! Who is artist and where did you visit the exhibition?

    ReplyDelete